"If we are in fellowship and oneness with God and recognize that He is taking us into His purposes, then we will no longer strive to find out what His purposes are. As we grow in the Christian life, it becomes simpler to us........A Christian is someone who trusts in the knowledge and the wisdom of God, not in his own abilities. If we have a purpose of our own, it destroys the simplicity and calm, relaxed pace which should be characteristic of the children of God."
I think this is an important lesson for today's crazy times. Personally, I am retired and this is not a tall order for me. But I remember what I was like, a working single Mom and keeping up with my daughter. I was exhausted at the end of a shift (I was an RN working in the OR). I ran and did heavy lifting all day. I loved my job, but my daughter suffered for it. And of course so did I. Maybe we all should look at what our lifestyles are, in the light of this idea. What does the pace of your day feel like? How do your kids feel about the pace they live? Have you too much on your plate to maintain healthy, simple, relationships? What are your time priorities? Mine have changed so much in recent years. I hope yours will change before retirement. I've done a lot of back peddling since then and I regret the way I handled my God-given time when I was younger..... a thought for the times we live in.
I think this is an important lesson for today's crazy times. Personally, I am retired and this is not a tall order for me. But I remember what I was like, a working single Mom and keeping up with my daughter. I was exhausted at the end of a shift (I was an RN working in the OR). I ran and did heavy lifting all day. I loved my job, but my daughter suffered for it. And of course so did I. Maybe we all should look at what our lifestyles are, in the light of this idea. What does the pace of your day feel like? How do your kids feel about the pace they live? Have you too much on your plate to maintain healthy, simple, relationships? What are your time priorities? Mine have changed so much in recent years. I hope yours will change before retirement. I've done a lot of back peddling since then and I regret the way I handled my God-given time when I was younger..... a thought for the times we live in.
No comments:
Post a Comment